Clir’s new API enables easy access to data processed by our best-in-class data model and enriched with insights generated from over 200 GW of market intelligence.
This enables our clients to use our enhanced portfolio data and market intelligence for all their needs, wherever they arise, through easy access and controllable integration to other third-party software providers.
What is an API?
API is the acronym for Application Programming Interface, which is a software intermediary that allows two applications to “talk” to each other. The API is the menu that allows for concise communication, establishes expectations and facilitates information delivery between the two parties.
Why was it created?
By creating an API, Clir users now have access to data whenever they want. This will help drive weekly and monthly reporting that joins to third party data (pricing, financial, OHS, ticketing, etc.) in third party systems such as data science workbooks, custom dashboards, and PowerBI or other BI tools. It will also provide:
- The ability to access as little or as much data as you like.
- Up-to-date analytics and automated reporting.
- Easy integration with other forms of data so they can aggregate reports including financial or other data.
How will this benefit clients?
Our API provides a host of benefits for Clir’s clients, including:
- Ability to leverage data enriched with insights from over 200 GW of industry intelligence across your workflows.
- Includes pre-calculated KPIs commonly used by the industry, such as production, wind speed and availability. This reduces human error, as customers do not have to calculate the KPIs themselves, and enables consistency with data in the Clir app.
- Data is readily available in business intelligence/analytic tools without having to be imported.
- Data can be more easily joined and amalgamated to other sources, like financial data.
- Enables analytics that keep themselves up to date, like dashboards or Jupyter Notebooks, and automated reporting.
- Reduces time to extract data from Clir’s App after initial integration.
To learn more about the this tool, get in touch with our team.